Cambridge Police Log

By Marc J. Ambinder, CRIMSON STAFF WRITER

The following is a selection from the Cambridge Police Department's public log from October 6 to 11.

Oct. 6

An employee at 10 Fawcett St. reported that he saw a man on the floor of his store. He later was seen picking up a tote bag. The employee confronted him, he dropped the bag, and then fled.

A Western Ave. resident reported that she and her son engaged in an argument over hir chores. The son threatened her with violence "if he did not get his way."

Oct. 7

A Cambridge resident stated that at 7:50 p.m. she received a call from a person saying that he worked for Medicare. Later, she let a man with an Irish accent into her apartment. He said he was from Davco pharmacies and asked her for her used medication. She gave an empty bottle of pills. He made several calls from her apartment and then left.

A Somerville resident says that at 1:19 a.m., while attempting to make a purchase on Columbia Street, a group of teenagers led by a man dressed in white pushed her down and stole $120.00

Oct. 8

An employee at a Windsor Street clinic reported that a man entered, demanding service. When she explained to him the clinic's procedures, he became angry, saying "If I ever see you in the street, I'll kill you."

A Cambridge Street resident said he was waiting for the MBTA bus at Churchill and Mass. Ave when he was approached by a group of males. They "said things to him like, are you a fag?"

They then held him at knifepoint for an hour before releasing him, telling him to run the other way.

Oct. 9

A Cambridge Street resident said a male called her and said, "It's your time for death, death, death."

Oct. 10

A Horgan Street. resident said a woman threatened her with scissors after the two became involved in an argument. The complainant was smoking near a window when the suspect confronted her.

Oct. 11

A Roxbury resident reported that at 5:21 p.m., a 19-year-old male, possibly nicknamed "Flex" approached the suspect as he was exiting the Manhattan Clothing Store on Mass. Ave. The man allegedly pointed a small, semi-automatic handgun at the complainant and robbed him.

Two females stole a ring valued at $4,499 from a jewelry store at 100 Cambridgeport Dr. They allegedly exchanged a fake ring of theirs for the ring in question when the clerk was not looking. The clerk later noticed the switch.