* U.C. candidates slug it out in two poorly attended debates. Is it apathy or does the campus know too much already? Number 28
* Harvard's ranking in magazine's list of best colleges for black students. Would we be as happy with 28 in U.S. News? Harvard Investments
* HMC recoups most of $1.5 billion in summertime losses. Pheeww! That was a close one! Mass. Army-Navy Store
* Closing sale means cheap winter boots. Plus, maybe the Pit children will migrate elsewhere to buy their clothes. Work
* In the week before break, papers mount up, leaving little time for anything else. Have a nice weekend, everybody.