Dramatic Club Elects New Officers

By Brooke M. Lampley

The Harvard-Radcliffe Dramatic Club (HRDC) elected its new officers Monday night at the Loeb Drama Center.

Michael Davidson '00, coordinator for the Loeb Experimental Theater (Loeb Ex), won the presidency in an uncontested race.

In a series of e-mail messages, a number of the incoming and outgoing officers expressed their satisfaction with the election results.

"I think we have an amazing group of people with lots of talent and enthusiasm, and I eagerly look forward to working with them all," said Vice President-elect Erica P. Rabbit '00.

"As the new vice president/Mainstage coordinator, I'm especially excited to work closely with the productions on the Loeb Mainstage in the next two semesters," she added.

Michael S. Roiff '01, newly-elected club coordinator, also expressed his enthusiasm.

"I'm very excited to be a part of the future of HRDC. It is time for Harvard theater to really turn the corner and become more of a force on campus," Roiff said.

The other five contested positions included the Loeb Ex coordinator, publicity coordinator, campus liaison, technical liaison and treasurer.

Current HRDC President Jessica K. Jackson '99 summed up the tone of the evening's election.

"As usual, all the candidates were qualified. I think this board will shake things up a bit, give the club some new energy," she said.