POLICE LOG

By Elizabeth N. Dewar, CONTRIBUTING WRITER

The following items were entered on the Cambridge Police Department log between Dec. land Dec. 7.

Dec. 1

At 7:15 p.m., Joseph M. Mocillo of 346 North St., Somerville, was arrested at Kay-B-Toys in the Galleria Mall for stealing $622 worth of merchandise.

A resident reported that between Nov. 24 and Dec. 2 on several occasions he has observed chairs or cinderblocks under various windows of his house.

Dec. 3

At 8:30 a.m., a Sparks Street resident reported that between 11 p.m. on Dec. 2 and 7:30 a.m. on Dec. 3 an unknown person entered his house through the rear kitchen window and stole 12 to 14 Christmas gifts, containing clothing, jewelry, games.

Dec. 4

At 1 a.m., a resident of Adams House reported that on several different occasions an unknown man harassed her.

A juvenile was arrested at the Harvard Square kiosk at 3:30 p.m. on charges of drinking in public and possession and distribution of a "Class B" substance. "Class B" substances include drugs like cocaine and some types of acid.

At 5:34 p.m., Brian C. Lalime of 8 Eric Rd., Brighton, Bran P. McCarthy of 343 Broadway, cambridge, and Shane P. Russell of 19 Wright Ave., Medford, were arrested at the Harvard Square kiosk for drinking in public and possession with intent to distribute and distribution of a "Class B" substance.

Dec. 5

A Flagg Street resident reported at 4 a.m. that he was assaulted by a male while at a club on Plympton Street. The suspect, named "Chris," punched him on the neck, head and face.

At 9:15 a.m., a representative of Bonny's Garden Center on Bay State Road reported that an unknown person stole wreaths totaling $459.87 from the store.

At 4:40 p.m., a Franklin Street resident reported that at 1 p.m. a 5'7" 40-year-old male wearing glasses, maroon pants and a white shirt opened the door to her apartment and entered as she sat in a wheelchair facing away from the door. She reported that he bent over her and said, "I have food for you," showing her a bag of canned goods. At the same time, he stole her wallet from her purse, and then fled. Her wallet was discovered empty in the stairwell.

Dec. 6

A Cambridge resident reported that a 5'11" male wearing a blue jacket, a goatee and carrying a white bag entered an exam room at Cambridge Hospital and removed a patient's wallet that contained a Massachusetts license, credit cards, $5 in cash, and personal papers.

Dec. 7

A representative of Cambridge Savings Bank at 1374 Mass. Ave. reported that sometime during the evening of Dec. 1 an unknown person removed Christmas decorations valued at $100 from the information booth in Harvard Square.

A representative of Youville hospital at 1575 Cambridge St. reported that an unknown person removed $100, a Sony CD player and a radio from a conference room between 6:20 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. on Dec. 5. At the time of the theft, the owner of the items was undergoing treatment in the hospital.