Old Dominion 75, Nebraska 60

NORFOLK, Va.--Mery Andrade, Old Dominion's inspirational leader and second-round savior, did it again last night, sparking a 15-2 run that boosted the Lady Monarchs past Nebraska 75-60 in the women's East Regional.

The fiery forward broke a 43-43 tie by making two free throws with 14:59 left, added two jumpers and two more free throws, two assists and hustled to force a jump ball in the run, which gave Old Dominion a 58-45 lead.

Until then, Nebraska had scored 14 of the previous 16 points, erasing a 12-point deficit and quieting a sellout crowd that turned out for the last home game for All-Americans Ticha Penicheiro and Nyree Roberts.

On what promised to be an emotional evening, win or lose, Andrade wouldn't let the occasion be spoiled, just like she didn't last season.

After missing a layup at the end of regulation against Purdue in the second round last season, Andrade scored five points in overtime, lifting the Lady Monarchs to a 69-65 victory. Old Dominion (29-2) lost to Tennessee in the championship last season and is eying a possible rematch this season.

Andrade finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds to share scoring honors with Roberts, who added 15 rebounds. Aubrey Eblin added 17 points.

Penicheiro, who had 22 points, 15 assists and 14 steals in the first round, struggled throughout, finishing with seven points and 10 assists.

The victory was Old Dominion's 30th in a row at home, a streak built since a 65-62 loss to North Carolina State last season, and set up a game against the Wolfpack in the East Regional semifinals in Dayton, Ohio.

North Carolina State, at 16-12, has won its last two against Old Dominion and is one of three teams to have played the Lady Monarchs at least 10 times and won more than half. The others are Tennessee, 22-9, and Maryland, 10-8.

Nebraska (23-10) trailed by as many as 14 points in the first half and by 41-29 early in the second half before Nicole Kubik led them back. The sophomore scored eight during the 14-2 run, tying the game with a three-pointer with 15:14 to play. Kubik had 14 points when she fouled out with 2:01 remaining.