M. Volleyball Beats MIT

By Bryan Lee, CRIMSON STAFF WRITER

It was just another day at the office for Harvard men's volleyball.

The crimson got off to a slow start, dropping the first game against M.I.T., 15-12. It then rallied and finished off the Engineers in four, winning the final three games 15-7, 15-6, 15-7.

"We got down real early, and they got to use their best server on us," said junior co-captain A.J. Lewis. "He got us eight times, so it was 8-0."

"We're a team that gets off to slow starts, but we were able to come back," he said.

Harvard used the game as a tune-up for its Spring Break trip to California, which begins today.

"The first time we played M.I.T., it was a chance to get our benchwarmers in," Lewis said. "This time, we used it to refine our skills and do some last-minute polishing. We played our starting team the whole match."

Junior Evan Mager had 20 Kills for a .576 hitting percentage. Along with nine blocks, he had a career-high 13 digs. Lewis's 16 digs were also a career best.

"We played great defense, the best D we've played all season," Lewis said.

Senior Evan Beachy had 66 assists and 11 digs for the Crimson Junior Vinnie Letteri had four aces.