Springfest--It's for Real!

Volume XVII, No. 2, Spring 1999 edited by Beth Schonmuller, Secretary of the Council

By Ryan Dorris, Co-chair, Campus Life Committee

Looking for something fun to do the weekend of May 1st? Springfest is guaranteed to deliver it! This year the party starts on Friday night and rocks all the way until early Sunday morning--and it's all FREE. If you have ever been to Springfest before, you know that in recent years, it has been a modest collection of food, games, and music. But be prepared this spring for the UC to get a little crazy on Saturday afternoon, making the event bigger and better than ever before. God Street Wine? Forget it, the Violent Femmes are here. Food? More than you could imagine--fried dough, cotton candy, barbecue, and ethnic foods. Games? More ways to act stupid than ever before, including an inflatable slide that is a replica of the sinking Titanic! Still bored? Well, take a look at all the events that we convinced student groups to do--a live chess match, henna body painting, play hockey with the national champs, or visit the booths of one of our other dozen groups that are involved.

If you are looking for some night entertainment, we've got you covered. Start Friday night with a battle of the bands in Pfoho, and then catch a movie on Saturday. Wrap your night up by checking out the HoCo dance in Leverett sponsored by Leverett, Lowell, Eliot, and the UC. Oh, yeah--it's all free! So make sure to stop by one or all of our events this year and work off some of the stress. Come to Springfest!