Seton and Seton

Call him the George W. Bush of North Yard.

While it won't be until November 7 that voters will decide if the Bush family name will return to the White House, the Undergraduate Council already has a new right-leaning politico with a familiar name.

Eliah Z. Seton '04--the brother of former council president Noah Z. Seton '00--earned the most votes of any candidate in the first-year North Yard this year.

The two Setons are best friends, Eliah Seton says, and they both selected the student affairs committee as their council choice.

So is Eliah Seton destined to rise to the top of the council, like his brother? He is the first to say that it's far too early to tell. But his close friends say he may have what it takes to be council president.

Grassroots

Each Seton brother, according to Eliah Seton, is the other' s best friend.

Both began running for elective office while attending the Horace Mann School in the Bronx.

Recommended Articles

Left Meets Right
They're unlikely couple at best. Noah Z. Seton '00 and Kamil E. Redmond '00 owe their newly inaugurated reign over
Four Years After Trying Term, Lewis Content to Work Behind the Scenes
Harry R. Lewis '68 burst into the position of dean of the College four years ago with a series of
Let the Race Begin
It's Wednesday night, and Todd E Plants '01 is sitting down to dinner at Eliot House's newly renovated dining hall.
Politics Proves Seton-Redmond Undoing
The amiable pairing of former Harvard-Radcliffe Republican Alliance President Noah Z. Seton '00 and self-described progressive Kamil E. Redmond '00
Beyond the Gavel
Ask a student what candidates for Undergraduate Council president are promising, and most will mention more student group funding, more
Driskell and Council Shift Left
After two years of leadership of the Undergraduate Council by Beth A. Stewart '00 and Noah Z. Seton '00, the