IOP Enlists They Might Be Giants in Voter Registration Drive

Rock group will perform in Radcliffe Quad Oct. 15

The Institute of Politics (IOP) kicked-off a 10-day voter registration drive yesterday that will culminate in a carnival on the Quad featuring the band They Might be Giants.

Last night the IOP began tabling at upperclass Houses, encouraging students to register and vote in the upcoming Nov. 7 election.

This was also the start of an IOP-sponsored competition to see which House can produce the most registered voters.

Houses that register 100 percent of their residents will compete for prizes including airline tickets, DVD players, stereo systems and Celtics tickets.

All of the members of the first House to reach 100 percent will be invited to attend an Oct. 17 reception with Arizona Sen. John S. McCain.

The three first-year yards are also included in the competition.

The IOP's registration drive began during first-year course registration, when students could register and obtain an absentee ballot at Robinson Hall.

IOP workers can register students to vote in Massachusetts or help them get an absentee ballot in their home states.

Recommended Articles

Community
* INSTITUTE OF POLITICS * SAC Voter Registration Drive Concludes Today at K-School The Institute of Politics will conclude its
Are You Registered?
If you take one piece of advice from this page all year, let it be this: Register to vote or,
Harvard Students Turned Away From Polls
At least a dozen Harvard students who filled out voter registration forms in Massachusetts during last month's Institute of Politics
Register to Vote While Registering for Classes
Newly arrived Harvard students wishing to register to vote in the November 2 elections must do so by Wednesday, October
First-Years Register To Vote in Elections
While waiting in the dinner line at Annenberg Hall late last week, approximately 140 first-years opted to exercise their civic