W. Hockey Maintains Mastery of UNH, Massacres Maine

Shewchuk, Botterill each have 11-point weekends

The No. 2 Harvard women's hockey team extended its winning streak to four games with strong weekend performances against Maine and No. 4 UNH, proving that it has left behind its mid-season slump and is looking very strong as the playoffs approach.

Sophomore center Jennifer Botterill and junior winger Tammy Shewchuk both had eleven points on the high-scoring weekend, as the Crimson beat the Black Bears 10-2 on Friday night at Bright and returned to defeat UNH 6-4 the next evening.

Saturday's game featured eight of the ECAC's top 13 scorers, but it was Botterill and Shewchuk who proved they could come up big in the big game.

Shewchuk had two goals, including the game-winner off a pass from Botterill, and two assists, while Botterill had a goal and assisted on three others.

With the win on Saturday night, the Crimson extended their winning streak against the Wildcats to six games, including last year's AWCHA championship game that ended with Botterill's game-winner in overtime.

Harvard 6, UNH 4

Having warmed-up against Maine the evening before, Harvard returned to Bright looking determined to defeat another top-ranked ECAC foe as it has numerous times in the last couple of weeks.

Recommended Articles

Hockey Notebook
PROVIDENCE--Any championship team must face some adversity during the course of a season. The No.1 Harvard women's hockey team, in
W. Hockey Sweeps No. 1 UNH, Maine
Coming off its first loss in 33 games last Friday against then-No. 7 Dartmouth, the Harvard women's hockey team rebounded
Athlete of the Week: Jen Botterill `02
It was a typical week for sophomore center Jen Botterill and the Harvard women's hockey team. After falling to then-No.
No. 2 W. Hockey Faces Familiar Foe in No. 4 UNH
Third place in the ECAC will be on the line when the No. 2 Harvard women's hockey team hosts No.
No. 5 W. Hockey Faces No. 8 UNH and Maine
The Harvard women's hockey team returns to conference play for the first time in three weeks when it faces UNH
W. Hockey Sweeps Final Regular-Season Weekend
DURHAM, N.H.--The No. 4 Harvard women's hockey team posted two comfortable wins this weekend to close out the regular season.