Fifteen Minutes: Harvard Band on the Rise, Again

Pforzheimer House won the heroic dining hall battle against Adams. But the bragging rights don't stop there--PfoHo now has a band named after it.

"North House," the original name of PfoHo, inspired the denomination. Originally composed of Al Bennett '00 and Wellesley senior Becky Warren, the two have since expanded, picking up guitarist Altay M. Guvench '03 and the man on the keys, Jose L. Sandoval '00.

Bennett and Warren met through each other's roommates while they were dating a couple of years ago. The two blended their southern backgrounds and musical passion and, with the help of some local rhythmical talents, this self-proclaimed "Do It Yourself" band produced their first album, entitled "Two Stories." For their CD release celebration, North House held a couple gigs--one at Wellesley and one at Harvard. Attempting to spice up the already wild aura of Hanover, New Hampshire, the two also played local taverns at Dartmouth one summer.

Recommended Articles

Finding Release
With technology increasingly affordable and talent omnipresent, Harvard students have been taking the plunge into the recording industry. These are
Concert Review: Rocking The Party: Quadapalooza
Two Harvard myths: there is no on-campus music scene and no one goes to the Quad. The publicity e-mails for
Student Band Gets to Contest Final Four
After winning an online contest, the student band North House will head to San Francisco this weekend, one step closer
Fifteen Minutes: Band on the Rise
The lights shine bright. 15,000 people roar in the audience at the Fillmore Theater. And the music begins. They have
Sousa Concert to Aid Wellesley
Sousa and his band will give two concerts next Tuesday afternoon and evening at Symphony Hall for the benefit of
R.E.M. Loudly Refuse to Act Their Age