First-years Hope For Housing Lottery Luck

The first-year band "Invisible Downtown" has a song appropriate for Yard residents today--"Living in the Quad."

Michael J. Palmer '03, a Lionel Hall resident and drummer for the band, said the group plans to set up outside to perform the tune, whose chorus goes: "Living in the Quad. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah."

But last night, the members of the group waited impatiently for housing assignment announcements along with the other 1600 or so first-years.

Palmer said he had no big plans for the night but had heard rumors of bizarre behavior in other dorms.

"There's supposed to be an orgy in Hollis, but I'm looking out my window right now and it's looking pretty tame," he said.

Other first-years reported similar scheduled events.

"We're having a wild orgy, but not with our blocking group," said Alexander D. Forrester '03, whose eight-man group wants anywhere but Jordan, the Pforzheimer overflow housing located just outside the Quad. "We're meeting up with two all-female blocking groups."

Some first-years planned to put their debauchery to work for them.

Recommended Articles

Home Is Where the Heart Is
I t has been three weeks since the bomb of randomization dropped. Yet its aftershocks have not ceased. In every
Class of 2002 Learns Housing Fate
Shouts of joy--and some sobbing--could be heard throughout the Yard yesterday morning as first-years learned their Housing fates. Results of
Shiny Happy Quadlings
On the morning of March 20, large numbers of first-year students began crying, screaming and cursing the administration when they
A Dubious Welcome--to the Quad
S ome people fear the return of school, the end of the idyllic and lazy days of summer. But after
WHRB Live Folk Orgy Sets Quad to Footstompin'
Bluegrass music, cotton candy and flying frisbees highlighted the first Spring Live Folk Orgy sponsored by the student radio station
First-Years Scheme, Pray on Eve of Housing Judgment
After a tense night of partying, praying, group dinners and mock sacrifices, the randomized housing assignments for the Class of