W. Lax Edges Penn, 11-9

After losing its last three games to a trio of Top 10 teams, the Harvard women's lacrosse team was hurting and in desperate need of a win yesterday at Penn.

Downing the Quakers, 11-9, was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Sophomore attacker Lizzy Frisbie led the Crimson charge with a hat trick, and junior attacker Lauren Corkery knotted two in the winning effort.

Harvard (4-3, 2-1 Ivy) pounded the Quaker (5-3, 1-3 Ivy) net early, scoring five straight goals to end the first half and take a 5-1 lead into halftime.

The Harvard run didn't stop there, however, as the Crimson scored three to open the second half and cap an impressive eight-goal scoring run to take a commanding 8-1 lead.

Outmatched and outgunned, however, the Quakers would not relent.

With an outstanding individual effort, Penn sophomore Traci Marabella pocketed the natural hat trick to put the Quakers back in the game and cut the Harvard lead to 8-4.

Not to be outdone, the Crimson responded with three goals of its own to re-establish a comfortable seven-goal lead at 11-4.

Recommended Articles

First Half Woes Plague W. Hoops in Split
The Harvard women's basketball team needed a win against Penn at the Palestra on Friday night to prevent the Quakers
Quakers Dunk Cagers 82-61 In Mismatch At IAB
The Harvard cagers continued to cascade down the Ivy League standings as Ivy frontrunner Penn cruised to an 82-61 win
M. Cagers Fall to Ivy Foes
Each year, the men's basketball teams of Princeton and Penn swing through Cambridge to take on Harvard. Almost as regularly,
Cagers Fall at Penn, 73-63, For First Ivy Defeat of Year
Co-captain Mark Harris called it a "learning experience." Freshman forward Joe Carrabino took one look at the Crimson's 19-31 foul
Quaker Five Tops Harvard, 81-62
The Crimson basketball team rebounded its way to a 35-29 half-time lead against defending Ivy League champion Penn last night
Opening Dooms Crimson
For the second night in a row, the Harvard men’s basketball team failed to show up until the waning moments