Letters

Colby Correctly Praises Mt. Auburn Environs

To the editors:

I just wanted to say I enjoyed reading Edward B. Colby's article on my "Mt. Auburn" neighborhood (News, May 3). It's a great neighborhood and I love living there. I have the Mt. Auburn cemetery to walk, friendly neighbors and I'm close to work. It a neighborhood that bands together in time of need. I've been to many fundraisers at Guido's, which by the way has great food. In the summer there is an Italian Santa Lucia festival Labor Day weekend on Cushing Street, if you're around check it out--it shows the neighborhood in a festive mood.

Janet DiBenedetto

May 4, 2000

The writer is a staff assistant in the Harvard University Dining Services Directors Office.

Recommended Articles

Professors Urge Clinton to Remove Navy From Vieques
Forty-two professors have joined in a Harvard junior's fight to end the U.S. Navy's presence on the Puerto Rican island
Students Protest Naval Occupation of Vieques
A Harvard junior's campaign to end the U.S. Navy presence on the Puerto Rican island of Vieques continued yesterday with
Vieques Protest Draws Local College Students
A Puerto Rican flag hung from John Harvard's feet Friday evening as a circle of more than 30 students from
U.S. to Limit Presence in Vieques
President Clinton's announcement on Friday to reduce military bombing on Vieques does not go far enough in protecting residents of
Clinton Disappoints Vieques
The 58-year history of the U.S. Navy's occupation and bombardment of Vieques is a chronology of abuse of power, fatal
City Council Approves Vieques Resolution
The Cambridge City Council approved without contest a resolution calling upon the United States Navy to relocate from its base