Columnist Announcement

By The CRIMSON Staff

The Editorial Board of The Harvard Crimson is Pleased To Announce its Columnists for the Spring Term

Adam I. Arenson '00-'01, a former Crimson executive, is a history and literature concentrator in Lowell House, beginning his fifth semester as a columnist and his last at Harvard. With that in mind, he hopes to muse on what we do--or don't--leave here with, given four years of hype. His column will appear on alternate Fridays.

Erin B. Ashwell '02 is a government concentrator in Eliot House. She will write political commentary drawn from two summers spent in Washington, D.C., as well as her experience co-chairing a national survey of college students' attitudes towards politics and public service. Her column will appear on alternate Wednesdays.

Lauren E. Baer '02, a social studies concentrator in Dunster House, is associate editorial chair of The Crimson. In addition to writing parodies of billboard hits and waxing sentimental about national holidays, she will continue to investigate injustices at Harvard, in America and abroad. Her column, which is running for a second semester, appears on alternate Wednesdays.

Ross G. Douthat '02 is a history and literature concentrator in Quincy House. This is his second semester writing a column, and he plans to continue covering politics, culture and anything else that catches his eye. He also looks forward to basking in the reactionary glow of the Bush presidency. His column will appear on alternate Mondays.

B.J. Greenleaf '02, a physics concentrator in Mather House, has extensive experience in science and technology research. He has worked the past six summers in molecular biology and biophysics laboratories at the Mayo Clinic. He is a co-editor-in-chief of the Journal of Undergraduate Sciences. His column, which will appear for a second semester on alternate Tuesdays, will discuss developments in science and technology, along with occasional political ruminations.

Nader Hasan '02, a government concentrator in Lowell House, will be writing on international affairs. He hopes to draw on his experiences abroad and as an editor for the Harvard International Review to bring a fresh perspective to current affairs commentary. His column, which will appear on alternate Wednesdays, will focus on America's role in global issues.

Richard S. Lee '01, a former Crimson executive, returns for a second semester as a columnist. He is a social studies concentrator in Pforzheimer House. His column, which will appear on alternate Thursdays, will cover love and war.

Jordana R. Lewis '02, a returning Crimson columnist, is editorial chair of The Crimson. She has just returned from an exhilarating winter break skiing and Sundancing in Park City, Utah. Jordana is a history and literature concentrator in Eliot House. Her favorite color is blue and her hero is Henry Kissinger '50. Her column will be appearing on alternate Thursdays. One of these statements is not true.

Maryanthe E. Malliaris '01, a Crimson editor, is a mathematics concentrator in Lowell House. She is delighted to have a third chance to investigate the poetry of the mundane in the illustrious pages of The Crimson. Her column will appear on alternate Mondays.

Meredith B. Osborn '02, a returning columnist and social studies concentrator in Leverett House, is deputy editorial chair of The Crimson. She missed "Dawson's Creek" to write this bio for you, and for her, that passes for dedication. When not angering her family by writing about her dead relatives, she happily addresses less controversial topics, like Senator Clinton and final clubs. She will be writing about Harvard politics and politics at Harvard every other Friday.

Scott A. Resnick '01, a former Crimson executive and an economics concentrator in Cabot House, will be writing on the nuances of the Harvard experience that only a newsie could know. He is also an expert on the airline industry. His column will be appearing on alternate Wednesdays.

Alex F. Rubalcava '02, a government concentrator in Eliot House, has worked for technology startups from Oxford to Santa Monica. Despite losing most of his (meager) net worth in last year's tech stock crash, he's still losing sleep trying to find The Next Big Thing. His column, which will appear on alternate Mondays, will focus on technology, investing and entrepreneurship.

Stephen E. Sachs '02, a returning columnist and history concentrator in Quincy House, is editorial chair of The Crimson. He is a student of both medieval history and modern technology, and has interned for the Democratic staff of the House Judiciary Committee. His column, which will appear on alternate Tuesdays, will focus on issues of law, politics and technological change.

Alixandra E. Smith '02, a Crimson editor, is a government concentrator in Kirkland House. This is her third semester writing a column and her fifth as a member of the editorial board. Her column, which will appear on alternate Mondays, will continue to focus on all aspects of pop culture, with a particular interest in politics, the American legal system and modern science/technology.

Joshua I. Weiner '03, a pre-med government concentrator in Leverett House, is a former White House intern, current Institute of Politics Forum Chair and perpetual Saturday Night Live audience member. His column, which will appear on alternate Mondays, will explore the intersection of politics and popular culture, drawing on his unique experiences in both fields.