Retraction

The Crimson is retracting four articles by Irina Serbanescu `03 which appeared in The Crimson's weekly arts supplement. The preview of Sweet Charity, published Nov. 9, 2000, Singing Swashbucklers, published on Dec. 8, 2000, Love is Everything, but Does it Lead to Happiness? A Triangular Dilemna, published on Feb. 23, 2001 and 'No Way to Treat' an Audience, published on March 9, 2001 all contained material taken from other sources without attribution.

The Crimson apologizes to those from whom the material was taken: the Saint Louis University Theatre, the Boise State University Gilbert and Sullivan Archive, Independent News and Media PLC and Richard Gist of Towson University.

Serbanescu has resigned from her position as an editor of The Crimson.

Recommended Articles

Three Publications Investigate Plagiarism
A Harvard sophomore has been investigated by three campus publications following allegations of plagiarism-investigations that have led to her being
Goldhagen Tries To Quash Critic, Seeks Retraction
When it was published nearly two years ago by Associate Professor of Government Daniel J. Goldhagen '81, Hitler's Willing Executioners
Basketball Diarist Bounces Back
The last time Jim Carroll played at the Middle East was three years ago. He shared a bill with Ray
College Looking Into Plagiarism Accusations
The College is looking into allegations of plagiarism against novelist Kaavya Viswanathan ’08, but it has not commenced an “investigation”
College Looking Into Plagiarism
Correction
In the op-ed “Legitimizing Hate” in the March 5 issue of the Crimson, the Hispanic Business Magazine article “Business Diversity ...