Man Tries To Shower In Cabot House

Students find naked man in bathroom

By Joseph P. Flood, Crimson Staff Writer

A trip to the bathroom was a little more exciting than usual for a group of Cabot House residents early yesterday morning.

When the students entered a community bathroom on the second floor of Cabot House’s E entryway at about 12:30 a.m. they found an unfamiliar man naked inside.

“Some students went in to use the bathroom and found a naked man in the bathroom and they called the police,” said Cabot House Master James H. Ware.

After one of the students, Maria Dubrowski ’01, called the Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) about the naked man, officers responded and found the man, Donald Selvecki, in the stairwell now fully clothed.

“He said he was invited into the house by a student and invited to take a shower on the second floor,” said HUPD spokesperson Peggy McNamara. “We could not locate any student to substantiate that claim.”

Selvecki, who McNamara said was not a University affiliate, gave police an out-of-town home address and was given a no-trespass warning.

Ware said he was concerned that the man was able to enter the building.

“I did ask the police to increase the frequency of the patrols,” Ware said. “We have a police unit in Cabot House and we asked them to keep an eye on the Cabot entryways.”

McNamara expressed the same concerns but said the students did the right thing by calling the police.

“Whether he piggybacked in or was let in by someone, the students called immediately when they didn’t recognize him, which was good,” she said.

—Staff writer Joseph P. Flood can be reached at flood@fas.harvard.edu.