Police Log

By Joseph P. Flood, Crimson Staff Writer

March 18

12:01 a.m.- A caller reported someone using an aerosol can to throw flames near Mather House. Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officers were dispatched but were unable to find the individual.

2:13 a.m.- HUPD units were dispatched after a caller reported the larceny of a beer keg tap after a function at Harkness Commons.

March 19

5:53 p.m.- A caller reported someone acting suspiciously in the lobby of 11 Peabody Terrace. Officers responded and conducted a check of the area but were unable to find the individual.

March 20

2:46 p.m.- A caller reported a wallet taken from a locker at the Blodgett Pool.

10:54 p.m.- HUPD units were dispatched to Adams House after a report of a telephone threat.

March 23

3:51 a.m.- Officers were sent to the John Harvard Statue to check on a suspicious group of people who were standing around it. Subjects were gone upon arrival.

11:20 a.m.- A caller reported that an individual she knew had assaulted her in Loker Commons. HUPD units were dispatched and officers were unable to find the suspect.

2:08 p.m.- HUPD received a call from a contractor who reported that his motor vehicle was stolen from the Harvard Business School parking lot.

4:47 p.m.- HUPD units were dispatched after a caller reported the theft of several paintings from the Tosteson Medical Education Center at the Longwood campus.

March 25

4:29 p.m.- A caller reported students jumping on picnic tables at the Radcliffe Quad. HUPD officers responded but the subjects were gone upon arrival.

March 26

2:33 a.m.- Officers responded to a complaint of loud noise coming from the Gutman Library. Officers quieted contractors who were using jackhammers inside the building.

1:12 p.m.- An individual approached HUPD officers at the Belfer Center and said that a black male who was wearing a long black trench coat and carrying a blue bag stole a laptop from an office. Officers searched the area but were unable to find the suspect.

March 28

2:11 p.m.- A caller from the Harvard Lampoon reported finding numerous items of property missing from the building. Items included a chair stolen from The Harvard Crimson the previous week, a naked picture of Henry A. Kissinger '50, jester costumes, a large bronze statue of Pegasus with a nude rider and numerous parodies. Officers failed to locate the items, any humor, or the Lampoon's dignity.

4:32 p.m.- HUPD officers responded to the Kennedy School of Government after a caller complained about a group of skateboarders. Officers located the group and sent them on their way.