POLICE LOG

By Garrett M. Graff, Crimson Staff Writer

July 9:

12:45 p.m.—Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officers were dispatched to take the report of a stolen purse from the Seely Mudd Building.

3:27 p.m.—An officer conducted a field interview of an unclothed person at Byerly Hall. After checking for outstanding warrants, the suspect was given a trespass warning and sent on his way.

July 12:

2:15 p.m.—The Cambridge Police Department (CPD) arrested Walter Souza of Prospect St. at the Galleria Mall for drug possession with intent to distribute.

3:52 p.m.—Officers apprehended an individual who reportedly was brandishing a knife at Au Bon Pain. The suspect was sent to the hospital for psychiatric evaluation.

4:33 p.m.—HUPD officers responded to a report of a suspicious person impersonating a professor at the Barker Center. Police were unable to find the suspect.

July 13:

12:19 a.m.—A CPD officer arrested Eileen Dunne, age 40, for assault and battery and for acting disorderly on Garfield St.

10:56 a.m.—HUPD officers responded to a report of vandalism to some children’s toys at Lowell House.

11:16 a.m.—HUPD officers were notified of a possible rabid possum at Leverett House. HUPD notified Cambridge animal control who dispatched an officer to take charge of the animal.

10:45 p.m.—CPD officers arrested Steven Baxter, age 26, and a juvenile accomplice on Cambridge Common for drug possession and trespassing.

July 15:

1:00 a.m.—CPD officers arrested Charles Hautzenrader II, age unknown, for assault and battery by means of a chain and for disorderly conduct on the corner of Mt. Auburn and Dunster St.

4:35 p.m.—CPD apprehended Laurie Casey, homeless, for assault after she attempted to bite paramedics.

July 17:

Kaythleen Lopez, homeless, was arrested for assault and battery by means of an hypodermic needle, motor vehicle theft and driving without a license. Lopez reportedly attacked a resident by stabbing her with a hypodermic needle and biting her before stealing the victim’s motor vehicle. Lopez was finally apprehended after she hit an Arlington Police cruiser while attempting to flee.

—April Anderson and Emily Almas contributed to the reporting of this article.

—Staff writer Garrett M. Graff can be reached at ggraff@fas.harvard.edu.