POLICE LOG

By Garrett M. Graff, Crimson Staff Writer

The following events were listed in the Cambridge Police Department blotter in the past week.

Dec. 9

A Lexington resident reports that more than $3,960 in purchases were charged to her account after she discovered that her ATM card was missing.

An employee of the Massachusetts Department of Mental Retardation reports that a patient alleges being assaulted and harassed over a three week period by a manager at the Harvard Square CVS.

Dec. 10

A Somerville resident reports he was attacked by several youths while he was delivering a pizza at night. His car was stolen by the suspects but was later recovered and is being held to be tested for fingerprints.

At 10:30 p.m., the Harvard University Police Department arrested a homeless man on narcotics charges. The suspect had six bags of heroin and a syringe in his possession when he was found in the bathroom of Au Bon Pain in Harvard Square.

Dec. 11

A Bay Street resident reports that he left his wallet, which contained credit cards, on the counter of the BankBoston branch located at 1414 Mass. Ave. The wallet was stolen, and the thief made $750 in purchases at two Harvard Square stores.

A Dana Street resident reports that an unknown suspect entered his home through a porch screen and stole more than $4,000 in jewelry and electronic equipment.

Dec. 12

A Brookline resident reports that an unknown person broke into her motor vehicle at 1:30 a.m. and stole a suitcase, a cellular phone and a toolbox.

Dec. 13

A manager at Bonny's Garden Center reports that five statues were stolen after an unknown person gained access to the facility.

Harvard University Police places three juveniles under arrest at 12:55 a.m., charging them with breaking and entering.

A Harvard Street resident reports that an unknown individual repeatedly rang her doorbell during the night of Dec. 12. She alleges they also threw a brown paper bag containing a liquor bottle through her dining room window.

Dec. 14

A Dorchester resident reports that a large canvas bag containing personal items was stolen after an unknown person broke into her car. A suspect was arrested after the items were discovered in another car.