The Minutes

“Osama bin Laden” and “Nostradamus” have pushed “sex” out of the top ten of Alta Vista search terms for the
By FM Staff

“Osama bin Laden” and “Nostradamus” have pushed “sex” out of the top ten of Alta Vista search terms for the first time ever. People have different priorities in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks, which have shocked the country for

24,480 minutes.

President Larry Summers just announced that this year he is opening his doors to students—with a Harvard ID—for 8 hours, or

480 minutes.

The Bermuda Tourism Minister wrote NY Mayor Giuliani last Wednesday offering free holidays for 100 of the New York volunteers. Each trip consists of an all-expense paid trip to the island for one week, or

10,080 minutes.

Members of the X-plicit Players, a Berkeley nudist group, belted the tune “Naked and Free in Berkeley” last Sunday as they headed down Telegraph Ave. for the annual Nude and Breat Freedom Parade, a tradition that’s been around 10 years, or

52,560,000 minutes.

Berkely’s not the liberal haven it once was though. Sproul Hall, the home of the student protest movement, was the stage for 150 co-eds rallying for a “war against terrorism” on Monday. Since 1968, the times have changed for about

17,344,800 minutes.

Prince Andrew just bought a mobile phone for his mum, Queen Elizabeth. Maybe this is somehow connected to the cell phone stores in the Square. Another one is opening Oct. 3, in about

8,640 minutes.

Washington state residents are at it again with their creative lawn decorations. The current hubbub is over a tree carved to look like a seven-foot penis. Last year there was a similar uproar over reindeer cutouts that looked like they were getting it on. So much can happen in just

437,760 minutes!

The telethon for victims of the Sept. 11 attacks, simulcast on 31 networks last Friday night, has already raised more than $150 million. That figure represents pledges that were made until 7 a.m. Monday morning, or for

3,600 minutes.

Celine Dion, the French-Canadian who helped close the telethon with a rousing rendition of “God Bless America,” is planning to headline a Montreal show that will benefit victims as well. “Quebec-New York” is slated to run

300 minutes.

“West Wing” Creator Aaron Sorkin desperately wanted to run a special episode of the series to address the Sept. 11 attack and NBC has given him the green light to air a terrorist-themed episode on Oct. 3 and push the season opener back by a week, or

10,080 minutes.

A special issue of England’s Smash Hits magazine has ranked 17-year-old Prince Harry the 11th sexiest man in Britain. Prince William, his older brother, didn’t get a mention at all in the list, which has been on newsstands for

1,440 minutes.

William has enough to worry about though, seeing as how he is now struggling through freshman year at St. Andrews University in Scotland as a history of art student. He has been in classes, since Monday, or for

5,760 minutes.

Elton John is not ex-gay (like the guy from our cover story), but he did say he still finds women attractive, especially Julia Roberts and Nicole Kidman. Still he hasn’t had sex with a woman in 13 years, or

6,832,800 minutes.

Katie Harmon of Oregon was crowned Miss America on Saturday night after competing with 50 other gals and hanging with host Tony Danza for

180 minutes.

University Health Services’ open house last Wednesday drew in more than 200 students in just

120 minutes.

For The Moment