Police Log

By Hana R. Alberts, Crimson Staff Writer

March 2:

1:22:00 a.m.— A Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officer was dispatched to Adams House on a report of stolen purses.

1:22:34 p.m.—An officer was sent to Adams House on a report of stolen ID card, keys and cash.

March 3:

9:04:30 p.m.—HUPD officers were sent to Memorial Hall to investigate a report of a group of unruly individuals on an overcrowded shuttle bus. The group left the bus safely.

March 4:

1:00:00 p.m.—Officers observed an unwanted guest in the Science Center. After a brief field interview, they issued a tresspass warning and escorted the party from the property.

9:19:56 p.m.—A HUPD officer was dispatched on a report of a dog barking on Ware St. The officer spoke with the dog’s owner and resolved the situation.

March 5:

1:08:54 p.m.—Officers assisted the Boston Police Department Bomb Squad and Environmental Health and Safety officials with the investigation of a suspicious package found in Harvard Medical School’s Goldenson Building.

2:17:19 p.m.—A detective was dispatched to Mass. Hall on a report of a suspicious letter.

9:44:12 p.m.—HUPD officers assisted the Cambridge Police Department in a searh for two unarmed robbery suspects on Mass. Ave.

March 6:

8:23:45 a.m.—An officer was dispatched to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences on a complaint of people walking their dogs through the property. The officer resolved the situation and sent the parties on their way.

12:08:07 p.m.—An HUPD officer was sent to Annenberg Hall on the report of a group handing out flyers. The group was sent on their way.

1:20:21 p.m.—A HUPD officer was dispatched to the Taubman Center at the John F. Kennedy School of Government to investigate a report of a strong smell of gas. It was determined to be exhaust from construction equipment.

2:44:59 p.m.—A HUPD officer was dispatched to take a report of suspicious activity at the Hasty Pudding building on Holyoke St.

March 7:

10:10:37 a.m.—Officers responded to a working fire in the laundry room of Memorial Hall. The Cambridge Fire Department extinguished the fire.

March 8:

1:37:08 p.m.—HUPD officers were sent to Kirkland House on a report of a loud party. They shut down the party.

—Staff writer Hana R. Alberts can be reached at alberts@fas.harvard.edu