Loncke Takes Top Individual Spot ForW. Golf in BucknellFall Classic

By The Crimson Staff

Freshman Katie Loncke shot nine over par at the Bucknell Fall Classic this weekend, carding a 76-75—151 to take top individual honors and help the Harvard women’s golf team finish third in the 17-team field.

The Crimson recorded a 326-323—649 to finish 28 strokes back of champion St. John’s and just a single stroke behind St. Francis.

In capturing the first individual title of her young career, Loncke finished first among all players in par-four scoring, tied for second in par-five scoring and tied for third in par-three scoring and total birdies recorded.

Combating damp and chilly conditions all weekend, Harvard was able to place three of its golfers in the top 15. Senior J.J. Kang fired an 81-80—161 to finish in a tie for ninth, and freshman Jessica Hazlett shot an 82-82—164 to finish 15th.

After missing last week’s tournament due to tendonitis in her wrist, sophomore Jacquie Rooney returned to action this week and carded an 87-86—173 to tie for 29th. Captain Carrie Baizer rounded out the scoring for the Crimson with a 91-90—181, tying for 58th.

The Bucknell Fall Classic represented the final competition of the fall season for Harvard, which does not return to action until the Lady Eagle Invitational in early April.

Men's Golf