McLoon Shines for Skiing, Wins UVM Carnival

By Lisa Kennelly, Crimson Staff Writer

Exactly one year after women’s nordic skiing captain Anna McLoon became the first Harvard skier to win a cross-country carnival in more than 20 years, she repeated her landmark feat.

McLoon took first place in the women’s 5K Classic at the UVM Carnival this weekend with a time of 18:59.9. In 2003 she claimed victory in the 10K Classic at the same competition.

The Crimson took 10th overall on the weekend out of 13 schools.

Freshman Jenna Harlow was the other Harvard finisher in the 5K, coming in 46th with a time of 21:52.9.

For the men, freshman Russ Leino and senior Ross MacDonald took 60th and 61st, respectively, in the 10K Classic.

The women’s alpine team was led by sophomore Susannah Dickerson in both the giant slalom and the slalom. Dickerson finished 37th in the GS with a combined time of 2:46.78, followed by junior captain Molly Simmons in 38th and senior Rachael Wagner in 39th.

Dickerson was 36th in the slalom with a time of 2:08.18.

Freshman Daniel Tsai continued to impress in his debut season, taking 35th in the men’s GS in 1:06.36 and 31st in the slalom with a combined time of 1:44.64. Captain Matt Perone was 38th in the slalom with a time of 1:56.17.

Next up for the Crimson is the Dartmouth Carnival on Feb. 13-14.

Skiing