Ashton R. Lattimore, 08 and Steven K. Williams Jr. '08 bring their laptops to the green of the Yard.

Sunshine Galore

Goodbye, fake ’n’ bake—the sun has arrived in Cambridge. Tanning by the Charles may be picturesque, but to avoid wandering
By Kara M. O’reilly

Goodbye, fake ’n’ bake—the sun has arrived in Cambridge. Tanning by the Charles may be picturesque, but to avoid wandering insects and horny truck drivers, an elevated location works best. So slab on the tanning oil, situate yourself on a dark sun-absorbing rooftop, and let the sun worshipping begin.

1. For freshman, the roof of the Science Center boasts a convenient tar platform and sweeping views. Grab a towel and shades and head up to the 8th floor after bio lecture.

2. Leverett and Mather towers might be creepy with their revealing windows and psycho singles, but their high altitude rooftops are great sites for catching the rays.

3. To get a bronzed appearance in time for the Fete, Eliot dwellers can climb the stairs of B entryway and sun themselves while looking over the river.

4. Lowellians can head up R entryway and bake in the sun while inhaling dining hall fumes.

5. Quadlings need not feel left out. It turns out Currier’s unsightly boxy architecture provides for some lofty flat surfaces ideal for lying out. If you’ve got friends in Cabot E500 or F500, climb out the window and get a balcony view of the Quad courtyard.

So pick up some SPF at CVS and start soaking up the Massachusetts sun. A few days on the rooftop should turn your pasty New England body into that of a bronzed god.