HUPD POLICE LOG

By Robin M. Peguero, Crimson Staff Writer

4:05 p.m.—A Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officer reported spotting a wanted motor vehicle at 360 Western Ave. The officer checked for any wants and warrants for the driver—a search which proved successful. Erin M. Casoli, 22, of Saugus, Mass., was then placed under arrest because of an outstanding warrant.

9:10 p.m.—An officer reported to Vanderbilt Hall in response to an alleged assault in which the victim claimed that he or she had been slapped on the hand. A report was filed.

May 7:

1:59 a.m.—An officer reported to 1350 Mass. Ave. to investigate a series of mailboxes on the sidewalk which had been knocked down, reportedly, by a person. The perpetrator could not be found. The mailboxes were picked up and placed in their original position.

2:06 a.m.—Officers were sent to the Science Center because of a report concerning three individuals who had been “checking out” the bicycle racks. By the time the officers had arrived, the perpetrators had left the scene.

May 8:

2:19 a.m.—An officer was sent to investigate the theft of a laptop computer at Peabody Terrace. The stolen silver Dell computer was worth $1,800.

11:50 p.m.—HUPD officers reported the presence of two people wanted by Boston Police Department (BPD) regarding an assault and battery that had just taken place on Lansdowne St. BPD officers identified the suspects and proceeded to place them under arrest.

May 9:

2:23 a.m.—A report concerning a bus that had been lingering in the vicinity of Dunster House for nearly 30 minutes led officers to the area. The driver had been waiting for a group and promised to depart shortly.

5:28 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to William James Hall in response to the theft of an unattended and unsecured white, Apple iBook. The stolen laptop computer was valued at $1,000.

6:55 p.m.—A report of an “offensive” doll hanging outside of a Wigglesworth window led officers to the Yard. The officers had the doll brought inside.

May 10:

10:55 a.m.—An officer was stopped by an employee of a Square establishment and alerted of a theft that had just occurred, in which the suspects were still in the area. The employee pointed out the perpetrators, who were stopped by HUPD officers and ultimately arrested by Cambridge Police Department (CPD) officers.

6:09 p.m.—An officer investigated the theft of a pink and brown handbag that had been stolen at Au Bon Pain. It, along with its contents, was worth a total of $412.

May 11:

1:11 a.m.—Officers were dispatched to Mill Street to investigate an unarmed robbery that had just occurred. The perpetrator had taken a green wallet from the victim. A search of the area proved unsuccessful and a report was filed.

7:23 p.m.—An officer reported to Adams House in response to a report concerning an unauthorized individual who had entered the dining hall, taken some food, and left. An employee had allowed him to take the food under the condition that he or she left the building with it. The officer sought the individual, in an attempt to speak with him or her, but the individual had left the scene by then.

May 12:

9:13 a.m.—A person allegedly behaving in a “suspicious” manner led an officer to the Malkin Athletic Center. The responding officer searched the building but could not find this person.

2:01 p.m.—Officers responded to the DeWolfe Street parking lot because of a report by an officer claiming an individual had entered two vehicles, removing $10 in quarters and a bank statement. The officers were unable to find the suspect, who had fled towards Mt. Auburn Street.

10:55 p.m.—The unauthorized ringing of the Lowell House tower bell led an officer to the area. The officer reported that a rowdy group attending a party had been ringing the bell. They were then instructed to stop.

—Robin M. Peguero