HUPD Police Log

By Robin M. Peguero, Crimson Staff Writer

Feb. 11:

9:18 a.m.—Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officers assisted Cambridge Police Department (CPD) officers with the search for a suspect who had allegedly thrown hot liquid in a person’s face on Quincy Street. The officers could not locate the perpetrator.

1:48 p.m.—Officers were sent to 22 Prescott St. because of a report that people were kicking trash cans behind a building. Upon arrival, the officers sent the group away.

3:59 p.m.—An HUPD officer reported to the Science Center in response to the theft of an unattended Apple iPod. The stolen item was valued at $300.

Feb. 12:

2:59 a.m.—Officers were sent to Wigglesworth Hall because of a complaint about a person yelling at another person. The officers checked the area but could not find the individual.

Feb. 13:

2:45 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to the Science Center because of reports that a person was filming and interviewing people. The officer told the individual that a permit was needed for this action.

11:57 p.m.—Officer reported to Emerson Hall to investigate a trash bag that had been left outside of the building. The officer determined that the trash bag was indeed filled with trash and made arrangements for it to be picked up.

Feb. 14:

12:57 p.m.—An HUPD officer reported to 1414 Massachusetts Ave. in response to the theft of a gray laptop computer. It was valued at $2,200.

1:01 p.m.—An officer was sent to Morgan Hall in Allston because of complaints about a person meandering the halls and sticking his/her head into varying offices. A search proved unsuccessful.

1:40 p.m.—An officer investigated the theft of $1 in change that had been left unattended and unsecured.

Feb. 15:

1:34 a.m.—HUPD officers were dispatched to 20 DeWolfe St. because of a report that up to five people were fighting in front of the building. The officers could not find the alleged sparring party.

3:10 a.m.—Officers were sent to 20 DeWolfe St. for a second time because of a report that now up to 10 people were arguing outside the building. The group was located by police and it was determined they had been refused entrance into a party. The officers then sent them away.

9:25 a.m.—An officer responded to the Goldenson Building because of a report about a stolen gray Dell laptop computer. The value of the stolen item was approximately $1,800.

Feb. 16:

9:21 p.m.—An officer was sent to Memorial Hall to investigate a group of allegedly partially-clad people in the yard. Upon arrival, the officer determined that the individuals in the group were indeed clothed and enacting a scene from a play.

Feb. 17:

9:02 a.m.—A caller reported a loss of $1,350 that occurred from an apartment rental scam on 20 Prescott Street. This report of larceny is just one in a slew of others made about rental scams in that location.

10:39 a.m.—Officer took a report of a Harvard graduate student who was robbed of $8 in cash at knife point while he was walking down Wendell Street.

9:25 p.m.—HUPD assisted CPD in investigating a second armed robbery of a Harvard affiliate on Banks Street. The graduate student was robbed at knife point of $200 in cash and a Motorola cell phone valued at $100.