Fitzpatrick Agrees to Three-Year Deal With Rams

By Samuel C. Scott, Crimson Staff Writer

The St. Louis Rams announced Sunday that the team has come to terms with quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick ’05 for a three-year contract.

Contract details, including compensation, have not been released. Fitzpatrick is expected to sign the contract on Wednesday.

Fitzpatrick will be the Rams’ fourth quarterback. Pro Bowl veteran Marc Bulger’s apparent lock on the starting job leaves Fitzpatrick, Jamie Martin, and Jeff Smoker to compete for spots on the Rams’ second and third teams or play for the practice squad.

Fitzpatrick was the fourth draftee to reach terms with the team, as safety Jerome Carter, fullback Madison Hedgecock and offensive lineman Claude Terrell have signed three-year contracts since April. The Rams drafted Fitzpatrick in the seventh round of the 2005 NFL draft, the 250th pick overall.

At Harvard, Fitzpatrick earned All-Ivy first-team and Ivy Player of the Year honors in his senior season, helping lead the Crimson to a 10-0 season and the league title. It capped a career that saw Fitzpatrick complete 384-of-641 passes (59.9 percent) for 5,234 yards and 39 touchdowns. An elusive scrambler, Fitzpatrick rushed for 1,487 career yards.