SPORTS BRIEF: Three shutouts propel men’s squash team to third consecutive victory

By Tyler D. Sipprelle, Contributing Writer

The Harvard men’s squash team defeated Dartmouth 9-0 in the Murr Center Wednesday night, improving to 3-0 for the season with three shutouts.

Senior Siddarth Suchde led the Crimson with an impressive 9-1, 9-3, 9-2 effort at the first position, during which the Big Green team members cheered when their top player managed to win a point.

Captain Ilan Oren, playing through minor injuries, had one of the night’s more competitive matches, eventually winning 10-8, 9-0, 5-9, 9-6. Senior Garnett Booth won without giving up a point in a 9-0, 9-0, 9-0 sweep.

Senior Mihir Sheth, after being hit in the hand with his opponent’s racquet, won in three quick games. Freshman Colin West also had an easy time in the third slot for Harvard.

After winter break, the Crimson will face its toughest competitors of the season when it takes on Trinity, Penn, Princeton, and Yale.

“Everyone is fit and playing well,” Suchde said. “If we keep putting in the effort, we should be in good shape.”

Men's Squash