Come on Baby, You Can Be a Star...

Desperate freshman boys, you had your chance. Last Wednesday, in Leverett Dining Hall, nationally-distributed CO-ED Magazine and Harvard College-distributed Freeze
By Alexander J. Dubbs

Desperate freshman boys, you had your chance. Last Wednesday, in Leverett Dining Hall, nationally-distributed CO-ED Magazine and Harvard College-distributed Freeze Magazine joined forces and attracted a gaggle of stunning Harvard women, all there to compete to become the next Miss CO-ED model.

Not surprisingly, FM identified himself as a Crimson reporter, and a chorus of young ladies politely declined comment.

Lindsay N. Hart ’08 and L. Caroleene Hardee ’09, though, were pleased to chat. FM, noticeably flattered, discovered that the two students had heard about the audition from the Kappa Alpha Theta e-mail list. Was the sorority trying to stack the competition?

Hard to say, as Hart quickly admitted inexperience.

“I have no idea what I’m getting myself into,” she said, but her sorority sister seemed a bit closer to the catwalk. Hardee has competed in beauty pageants in the past, and she even aspired to be Miss Junior Alabama. She’s never actually modelled, but she’s closer than most.

Except, of course, for Laura Duncan. A student at the Graduate School of Design, Duncan brought along a leather binder full of photos from past modeling jobs, for which she has earned up to $3,500. Like the freshman and sophomore modeling neophytes, she is tall and thin. But unlike the younger girls, Duncan is a tad slicker—she’s obviously done much more voguing.