SENIOR SPOTLIGHT: Laura Robinson

By Caleb W. Peiffer, Crimson Staff Writer

Unlike most of the Crimson stars on the court, Laura Robinson made the first start of her Harvard career in her 72nd game. In the 2005-06 season opener at Depaul on Nov. 18, she scored zero points in 22 minutes, missing all of the four shots she attempted.

Unfazed, the 5’7 point guard from Fremont, Calif., went out the very next day against Alabama State and scored 18 points on 6-of-11 shooting.

Building upon that performance, Robinson quickly became the Crimson’s undisputed leader on the court, topping the squad in minutes with 29.6 per game, and developed into the Ivy League’s most accurate three-point threat.

Robinson transformed herself into a critical source of offense for the Crimson, ranking second on the team with 9.6 points per game. Entering the season with a .377 career percentage from long range, Robinson connected on 30 of her 63 attempts from three—an Ivy-best .476 percentage—and also led the squad with 79 assists.

Robinson’s outstanding season was recognized when she was named to the All-Ivy second team, the only member of the Crimson to grace an All-Ivy roster this season.

—CALEB W. PEIFFER

Women's Basketball