NEWS IN BRIEF: Teenager Robbed With a Knife on Prescott Street

By Katherine M. Gray, Crimson Staff Writer

A 16-year-old male was robbed at knifepoint last Thursday at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Prescott Street, according to the Harvard University Police Department (HUPD).

An unidentified male approached the victim, who is working at the University but is not a summer school student, as the victim walked down Prescott Street.

The male started a conversation with the victim, according to HUPD’s community advisory report. After several minutes, the male signaled to three male accomplices who were hiding.

These three males surrounded the victim, and two of them pulled out knives and demanded he hand over all of his belongings. The victim gave the four males his watch and money.

The assailants—who were white and looked to be approximately 17 and 18 years of age—are still at large.

Though such crimes are not uncommon at Harvard throughout the year, they usually do not occur on Prescott Street, according to Cambridge Police Department (CPD) spokesman Frank T. Pasquarello.

Because the incident did not occur on University property, it is being investigated by the CPD.

—KATHERINE M. GRAY