SPORTS BRIEF: Cusworth tabbed as Ivy Player of the Week

By The Crimson Staff, Crimson Staff Writer

Senior center Brian Cusworth’s stellar performances in the final two games of his college career last weekend did not go unnoticed by the Ivy League, which named him the Ivy League Player of the Week.

In his final game in crimson and white, the 7’0 St. Louis native scored 19 points on 7-of-8 field goals to help Harvard beat Brown, 92-88, on Saturday. He also had six rebounds and three blocks, both game highs.

The previous day, Cusworth had a career-high 28 points on 12-of-18 shooting in a 78-68 loss to Yale, becoming the 23rd player in school history to enter the 1,000-point club. He added 10 rebounds to register his sixth double-double of the season.

Cusworth was also named Ivy League Player of the Week for the week of December 18.

In the 18 games he played in this year, Cusworth averaged 17.4 points and 9.1 rebounds a game. Each lead the team and are career-highs. He also leads the team and the Ivy League with 39 blocked shots. On the season, he shot 51.5 percent from the floor and 72.7 percent from the free throw line. Both are career-highs.

As the Crimson finishes its Ivy season, Cusworth, after completing his final semester at the College, will be ineligible to compete.

Cusworth finishes his career at Harvard with 1,042 points, 601 rebounds, and 147 blocked shots.

Men's Basketball