POLICE LOG

By Noah S. Bloom, Crimson Staff Writer

1:15 p.m.—Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officers were dispatched to Lowell K entryway to respond to a report of an assault. The reporting party stated that an individual entered the room looking for a third party who did not live there. The reporting party offered to assist the individual in finding the location of the room. The visitor then punched the resident of the room and fled.

6:01 p.m.—Officers responded to a complaint that a bathroom in Mather House dining hall was locked from the inside, but that no individual was responding despite loud knocking. They then forced the door open only to find that there was no one inside. The lock was damaged in the process.

October 8

5:26 a.m.—HUPD assisted Cambridge Police Department officers at 1426 Mass. Ave. in taking a statement from an individual who was approached while walking by two men in a car who asked if he wanted to purchase drugs. When the reporting individual declined, the men in the car followed him before eventually leaving.

October 10

7:35 p.m.—Officers responded to a report of an assault at Aldrich Hall. The reporting party stated that they approached a group of individuals to advise them that they would have to leave the classroom in which they were. An individual then pushed another to force the reporting party out of the room. Another individual arrived and tried to reinforce the message of the reporting party, but was also pushed.

October 11

9:32 a.m.—HUPD officers observed an individual blocking the flow of traffic on a one-way, single-lane street on Radcliffe Campus Drive. They asked the driver to move, which the driver refused to do. Officers then asked for identification, which the driver also refused. Abdirahman Dualle, 23, of Roxbury, Mass., was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.

October 12

2:28 p.m.—Officers observed an individual parking his or her bicycle in front of the handicap entrance to the Holyoke Center. When approached by the officers, the person became agitated and moved the two-wheeler aggressively. The officers asked the individual to stop repeatedly before finally asking for identification, which the individual refused to show. Shortly after the individual was finally sent on his way, he or she exited the building carrying a large umbrella. The individual walked toward the officers and motioned as if he or she was going to strike the officers before leaving the area.

4:02 p.m.—HUPD dispatched officers to Gund Hall to take a report of a theft in progress. Upon arrival, they saw an individual pushing a bicycle, which the individual claimed he owned. The individual was then run for warrants with negative results. During the field interview, the individual attempted to cover his pocket. The officers noticed a needle. Paul Gerbrands, 22, was placed under arrest after the officers found a class B substance, a class D substance, and more needles.

October 13

2:37 a.m.—HUPD responded to a report of an assault at the Soldiers Field Park Complex. The reporting party stated that he or she had entered a cab, but the driver did not turn on the meter. The driver then said that the fare would be a flat rate of $40. Upon arrival, the reporting individual paid $32 before exiting the cab. The driver then exited the cab and slapped the reporting party before getting back in and driving away.

October 15

2:42 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to Mather House B entry to take a report of a stolen motor vehicle that contained objects valued at $13,800. The 2004 Ford Ecovan 350 was recovered six hours later by the Boston Police Department.

October 19

1:41 a.m.—HUPD responded to a report that a suspicious individual was seen leaving Gund Hall. The officers saw the individual pacing back and forth before attempting to leave the scene. The individual was searched and a pellet gun was found. Joseph Fency, 23, of Somerville, Mass., was arrested and charged with trespassing, possession of a dangerous weapon, and carrying it on school grounds.

October 21

2:56 p.m.—Officers responded to a report of a suspicious individual in Matthews Hall South. The reporting party stated that the individual had entered the dormitory before using the bathroom and leaving. Officers then spoke to a student in Weld Hall who said the individual had knocked on his or her room’s door before entering and asking for change. The unknown individual then left the area.

—Compiled from the Harvard University Police Department police log.