Work hard, play harder.
Work hard, play harder.

Hef’s Got Nothin’ on Harvard’s Hottest Heir

It was about 4 a.m. in Zagreb, Croatia when a tremendous noise woke Miran Pavic ’09 from his sleep. “The
By Emily C. Graff

It was about 4 a.m. in Zagreb, Croatia when a tremendous noise woke Miran Pavic ’09 from his sleep. “The Croatian mafia just decided to blow up my car,” Pavic explains. The attack came in retaliation for articles published by Pavic’s father, Nino Pavic, which detailed the mob’s activities. And that’s not even why we found Pavic interesting. In addition to owning publications that pry into the Croation underworld, Pavic’s father is the proud proprietor of Playboy Croatia. To no one’s surprise, Pavic works for his father most summers. “But not at Playboy,” he adds. “Unfortunately.” “Officially, I’m actually one of the associate editors,” Pavic explains. “I don’t do any actual work...occasionally, during the summer, I can jump in.” The sophomore fully supports pornography and dismisses the criticism that Playboy is degrading. “I have a keen sense of beautiful women,” he adds. So does being the son of Eastern Europe’s answer to Hugh Hefner help him reel in the ladies? Pavic answers honestly: “Last year, I used it a lot...Not as a pick-up line, you know ‘Do you want to do Playboy?’ but more like an approach.” But Pavic’s doesn’t just talk a big game: he’s set himself in a swanky pad off-campus where he and his roommates can throw parties without worrying about tutors or residential deans. “I got screwed in housing,” Pavic explains. (Take note, freshmen!) Pavic never intended to end up at Harvard. “I was supposed to go to Italy with my girlfriend,” Pavic says. But despite Harvard’s cold weather and notable lack of Playboy Mansion-esque partying, Pavic has no complaints. “I’m having a great time so far,” Pavic says.

Features