Police Log

By Khalid Abdalla, Crimson Staff Writer

Waterballoon Snipers

Friday, October 20, 12:49 a.m.: An officer was dispatched to Currier House entryway, where individuals were reportedly on the roof, throwing water balloons at the bus stop. They were gone by the time police arrived.

Thieving for Knowledge

Saturday, October 21, 4:50 p.m.: An individual reported ten stolen textbooks from Winthrop’s E entryway, valued at $1200.

They Were Just Trying to Escape

Saturday, October 21, 3:18 a.m.:HUPD responded to a report of individuals climbing up the side of the Lampoon building. Individuals were found to be affiliated with the Lampoon, reprimanded, and sent on their way.

Yard Fire

Wednesday, October 25, 5:09 a.m.: An officer was dispatched to Sever Hall, where a patch of grass was on fire. The Cambridge Fire Department had already taken care of it.

Spotlight!

Wednesday, October 25, 11:50 p.m.:An individual reported a laser light shined on them as they were walking on Martin Street. The officer checked the area, but found nobody.

Stolen Softballs

Friday, October 27, 10:09 a.m.: Officers took note of approximately $500 of stolen softball equipment at Harvard’s baseball field on October 27.

Wheeled Away

Friday, October 27, 3:54 p.m.: An individual reported a stolen yellow bicycle, valued at $450.

Late-Night Banging (On the Door)

Sunday, October 29, 1:45 a.m. and 2:26 a.m.: Officers were dispatched, first to Currier C entryway, and then to Quincy House Dining Hall, to reports of an individual banging on a door and yelling. When the officers arrived, they found nothing.

Stolen Small Change

Sunday, October 29, 10:31 p.m.: An individual reported a stolen cash box from a vending machine at Griswold Hall, 1525 Massachusetts Ave.

It’s Mine, I swear

Monday, October 30, 7:45 p.m.: An officer checked on an individual “acting suspiciously” around a motor vehicle on Museum Street. The individual informed the officer that they were merely locked out of their own vehicle.

The Required Halloween Scare

Tuesday, October 31, 9:39 a.m.: Officers were dispatched to a report of a suspicious black backpack at Harvard Medical School. Upon further examination, the suspicious black backpack turned out to be a black scarf.

Egging Can be Dangerous

Wednesday, November 1, 10:32 a.m.: Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officers settled a dispute between two individuals last Wednesday, one of whom had reportedly thrown an egg at the other individual, who was bicycling. The cyclist swerved to avoid the egg, and accidentally hit a car, falling of the bicycle. Injuries were not serious.

Turned Himself In

Wednesday, November 8, 11:16 a.m.: Officers placed Benigno Ramos, 49, of Cambridge MA, who had turned himself in to HUPD headquarters on a warrant, under arrest.

Early Caroling

Thursday, November 9, 1:22 a.m.: Officers were dispatched to a report of three individuals singing outside Perkins Hall. The officers report that the individuals are Harvard affiliates and are now going inside.

BONE SANDWICH

Thursday, November 9, 3:53 p.m.: An officer was dispatched to 625 Massachusetts Avenue to take a report of suspicious activity. Upon arrival the officer was informed that an individual had found a chicken bone in his or her sandwich.

Class B Substance

Thursday, November 9, 9:25 p.m.: An officer observed two individuals on Mt. Auburn St. holding a case with a white substance in it. The officer conducted a field interview with the individuals, one of whom was found positive for warrants. The other informed the officer that the Class B substance was his and that he was in possession of more. William Canipe, 19, was placed under arrest for possession of a Class B substance. Theresa McCauley, of Lynn, MA, was placed under arrest for warrant service.

Advocate

Friday, November 10, 3:13 a.m.: Officers were dispatched to the Advocate to a report of loud music. The officers arrived and informed the two individuals to turn the music down and shut the windows.

FLASHING

Friday, November 10, 8:52 a.m.: An officer was dispatched to Mt. Auburn St. to assist Cambridge Police with a report of suspicious activity. The officer was informed that an individual had flashed another individual.

Road Rage

Saturday, November 11, 1:41 a.m.: Officers assisted Cambridge Police with a minor motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Bow St. and Plympton St. The officers were informed that the individuals were now fighting. One individual was placed under arrest by CPD.

Canaday Trespasser

Sunday, November 12, 3:02 a.m.: Officers were dispatched to Canaday Hall E to a report of a suspicious individual in the building. The officer located the individual in the building and conducted a field interview. Anthony Berry, 48, of Dorchester, MA, was run for wants/warrants with positive results and was placed under arrest for trespassing.

Shattered Glass

Thursday, November 16, 2:41 a.m.: Officers were dispatched to Lowell House E entryway to a report of glass breaking in the area. The officers spoke with the individual who stated that they had thrown something and it accidentally hit the window, causing two small window panes to break. The glass in the area was cleaned up.

—Anna L. Tong and Reed B. Rayman