SPORTS BRIEF: Seniors Cohen and Flood tapped for USILA all-star game

By Crimson staff

The lacrosse season is not quite over for seniors Greg Cohen and John Henry Flood, who were each selected as part of the 26-man roster for the North squad in Friday’s United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association North-South Classic.

The event is part of the NCAA’s national championship weekend for lacrosse, and features the best players not still particpating in the tournament.

Flood was the only faceoff midfielder selected for the roster after a season where he was named Honorable Mention All-Ivy. His 67.1 winning percentage on faceoffs was second in the NCAA this past season.

Cohen was named second team All-Ivy and All-New England after scoring 21 goals and adding five assists in his final campaign. The 21 goals led the team.

The North squad has four other Ivy League players, while the South team has Penn midfielder David Cornbrooks. Princeton’s Scott Sowanick is among the North players after the Tigers failed to make the quarterfinals of the NCAA tournament for just the third time in the last eighteen years. Princeton fell 9-8 to Georgetown in the tournament’s opening round.

Notably absent from the game will be players from Cornell, which is still in the running for the national title.

—THE CRIMSON STAFF

Men's Lacrosse