CRIMSON LIVE: HARVARD FOOTBALL VS. LEHIGH

By Crimson Sports Staff, Crimson Staff Writer

14:14 - Wow. Clarke tried to scramble and as he was about to throw Matt Curtis knocked the ball out of his hand. Glen Dorris grabbed the pigskin and effectively gave Harvard the win.

13:48 - Yansane is hurt after Andrew Berry showed why he's Andrew Berry and saved the game for Harvard in the endzone.

13:40 - McGowan goes over 100 and Lehigh is threatening.

12:37 - Harvard has not allowed a 100-yd rusher since Nick Hartigan did it for Brown three years ago. McGowan is close.

11:08 - Another sack and Lehigh's going to get a chance to tie or take the lead. Let's see how the Crimson D responds.

10:20 - Pizzotti is getting hammered. The line needs to shore itself up.

9:45 - Jenkins breaks through with a big run to get Harvard to its own 48.

8:33 - Thanks to some investigative work (Dixon and I looked at the Live Stats), it has come to our attention that Quadir Carter doubles as a wide receiver. A true Renaissance Man is Quadir.

8:33 - TOUCHDOWN LEHIGH J.B. Clarke to Mike Fitzgerald and Lehigh is within 3. Harvard needs some insurance.
HARVARD 27, LEHIGH 24

6:58 - A reverse ends up with Jarard "MTV" Cribbs running for the first down. Lehigh is threatening to make this a game.

6:14  - Shit is going down. Pizzotti airs it out and the ball is picked by Casey Eldemire. Offensive lineman Alex "Was-In-My-Expos-Class" Spisak brings down Eldemire with a horse collar tackle. Then a flag is thrown for unsportmanlike conduct on the Harvard bench. Insanity.

5:04 - Pizzotti throws a bomb to Levi "Johnston" Richards who is finally dragged down at the 13 by Quadir "Getting Quaded" Carter.

4:44 - Pizzotti to Luft again. Luft goes over 100 yards.

4:11 - Pass intended for Nicolai "Stormin Norman" Schwarzkopf. Just sayin.

3:20 - J.B. Clarke tries to avoid first down with a bizarre run and lateral. It doesn't work.

1:37 - Harvard goes three and out. Pizzotti was tackled by B-level porn star Tim Diamond for the fourth down.

0:11 - Lehigh misses a field goal.

END OF THIRD QUARTER

14:12 - Lehigh running back Matt McGowan breaks into the open field for a long ass run. I can't get the actual yardage on live stats and no one's reading this anyway so who cares.

13:48 - FIELD GOAL HARVARD Pizzotti can't complete and the Crimson will have to settle for a field goal.
HARVARD 27, LEHIGH 17

12:50 - Jenkins "met immediately" behind the line by our boy Quadir.

11:07 - Jenkins gives Harvard 1st and 10 on Lehigh's 14. Let's see if Pizzotti can get the job done.

10:43 - Luft is closing in on 100 yards in another great game.

9:33 - Welcome to the Ben Jenkins show. No sign of Cheng Ho or Gino Gordon.

8:15 - Levi "Johnston" Richards takes the end around for the first down.

7:50 - Pizzotti completes to Jason "Bruiser" Miller for an eight-yard gain.

6:09 - TOUCHDOWN LEHIGH. Freaking Sekou Yansane hauls a pass in the endzone. Looks like a shootout is developing.
HARVARD 24, LEHIGH 17

4:43 - Says Dixon McPhillips' father: "Zych is getting zilch." EYYYOOO!

3:37 - Schultz drops a near interception.

2:25 - Clark completes another pass to Ansane, apparently Lehigh's only receiver.

2:16 - Barker defends a pass well, somewhat atoning for his egregious pass interference before.

START OF THIRD QUARTER

T-18: The band is doing some kind of weak debate spinoff. They should leave it to the late night comics and stick to playing crappy 80's songs.

HALFTIME

12:36 - TOUCHDOWN HARVARD. Matt Luft is a beast. He just pwned some scrawny Lehigh cornerback and grabbed the ball in the endzone on a leaping catch.
HARVARD 24, LEHIGH 10

11:29 - A scrambling Pizzotti guns the ball to tight end Jason Miller who rumbles down the field for a 29-yard gain. Harvard looking to add a late score and go into the half with momentum.

11:13 -  TOUCHDOWN LEHIGH. Harvard's Collin Zych loses his man and Mountain Hawk Mike Fitzgerald catches the ball wide open in the endzone.

9:35 - Pass interference on Derrick Barker. Bad play.

7:42 - INTERCEPTION AND TOUCHDOWN. Eric Schultz tips a pass and Glenn Dorris brings it in. The big man brings it home for the score.
HARVARD 17, LEHIGH 3

6:42 - FIELD GOAL. Long knocks it through,
HARVARD 10, LEHIGH 3

6:37 - Pizzotti nearly finds Chrissus in the corner of the endzone but the ball sails out of bounds and Long is set to try another field goal.

5:03 - Pizzotti needles a throw into tight coverage and Matt Luft wrestles the ball away from the defender. 1st and Goal.

4:00 - Nice dump pass to Jenkins who takes advantage of the open field and gets it to the Lehigh 36.

3:36 -  The Crimson is establishing the running game, letting Ben Jenkins pound it through the middle.

2:24 - Harvard and Lehigh trade three-and-outs, Harvard set to receive the punt.

0:55 - From Dixon McPhillips: "Honestly, Pizzotti, I'm glad he can run now, but he doesn't have to do it every play. Especially when it's third and 16."

0:00 - The alumni lunch just let out. Now the real fans are here.

END OF FIRST QUARTER

14:45 - FIELD GOAL. Lehigh's Jason Leo kicks one in.
HARVARD 7, LEHIGH 3

14:41 - Halfback pass completed to...the field goal post.

13:27 - Fake punt ran for a first down. Trickery.

13:17 - Six male cheerleaders. It's like an NFL Halftime show on Fox. Just more guys than necessary.

12:22 - Nice kickoff return by Lehigh's John Kennedy. Happy Birthday, Mr. Pwesident...

12:12 - TOUCHDOWN. Beautiful pass by Pizzotti over two defenders in the endzone and Matt Luft gracefully pulls it in and keeps both feet in bounds.
HARVARD 7, LEHIGH 0

12:04 - Well, that was uglier. Lehigh fumbles and early Rookie of the Year candidate Matt Hanson scoops up the ball.

11:35 - That was ugly. First at third and 11 in the red zone Harvard doesn't go for the first, and then kicker Pat Long misses a short field goal.

10:30 - Nice completion to sophomore Levi Richards who makes some good moves in the open field.

10:02 - Quarterback Chris Pizzotti avoids a rusher, pump fakes, scrambles, and then lasers a perfect throw to freshman Alex Chrissis who makes a great grab over a defender.

8:12 - Nice run by Ben Jenkins.

6:35 - If Martin Scorsese is here, he should seriously consider casting the referee for a small speaking role in The Departed 2.

6:34 - Senior Ryan Barnes nearly picks off a pass. Gotta make those.

5:35 - Lehigh QB J.B. Clarke showing some good mobility, scrambling before getting a 22-yd pass off to Sekou Yansane, today's winner of the Harvard Crimson's Coolest Name of the Day, brought to you by AIG.

3:52 - Perfect hangover cure: excessively loud microphones on the refs.

2:35 - Crimson drive ends on a dropped pass by Matt Luft.

Kickoff: Mike Clark had a nice return and the game is on.

START OF FIRST QUARTER

T-4: Just had the National Anthem and now the teams are coming out. Alumni are starting to pour in, students still nowhere to be seen. Probably watching the game at home on NESN right?

T-13: "Ladies and gentlemen, Brother can you spare a BAAAANNNDDDD!" Whatever.

T-17: The press box is filling up and the seats...are not. Says staff writer Dixon McPhillips, "On a scale of empty to rip-roaring, I'd say non-existent." Somehow that makes sense.

Welcome to The Crimson's live blog of today's game between Harvard and Lehigh! Harvard comes into this one with a 3-1 record and is looking to remain perfect in non-conference play. Lehigh is 2-3 and is coming off a blowout 45-24 victory over Fordham.

- Staff writer Loren Amor is live from Harvard Stadium

Football