SPORTS BRIEF: Crimson Picks Up Two Wins, One Loss in Spring Break Trip

The Crimson opened its spring break campaign with a 10-9 nail-biter against Concordia behind strong play in goal before falling 9-5 against Cal Baptist the following day. Harvard recovered from its loss later that afternoon with a 9-5 victory over Cal Redlands.

In the week’s opener, co-captain Vivian Liao capped a back-and-forth battle with the game-winning 10th goal with 2:53 left in final frame to give her team a 10-9 win. The score was Liao’s fourth on the day. Co-captain Lauren Snyder also found the back of the net twice and notched a game-high five assists in the winning effort. Junior goalie Nicola Perlman, who is also a Crimson magazine chair, posted 12 saves.

In the middle contest, Liao paced her squad with two goals, but a four-goal surge in the final quarter was the Crimson’s downfall. After falling behind 3-1 at halftime, Harvard responded to bring the deficit to one at 5-4, but that was as close as the team would get, falling 9-5.

The final matchup brought the Crimson back to its winning ways. Harvard broke out to an early lead and never looked back, finsihing the first up 3-0. The closest Cal Redlands got was 5-2, but the Crimson stretched the lead back to four almost immediately. Liao posted her second four-goal effort of the week, and Snyder added a a pair of goals in the 8-4 win.

—THE CRIMSON STAFF

Women's Water Polo