Less Room for Thesis Writers?

It looks as though the J-Term housing game just got even harder.

We've known for awhile that varsity athletes, international students, lab assistants, and thesis writers constituted the "elect" who were to receive highly coveted J-Term campus housing this coming January, when most Harvard students wishing to come back to Cambridge will just have to stay at home and see how long they can stand trying to remember high school inside jokes.

But now, the stakes are even higher for some students who were guaranteed housing, particularly for the thesis writers. FlyBy received word that now, some of Harvard's most devoted agents of pure and practical academic inquiry must now submit roughly a one-page-long proposal outlining their particular thesis projects AND (and this is a big AND) the specific resources they will need on campus.

If housing is really that expensive to maintain during J-Term--even for those who need it the most--FlyBy wonders whether Harvard will offer these thesis writers the discounted option of the Quad....

Read the full text of the J-Term stipulations after the jump.

Dear Thesis Writer,

Thank you for your application for Winter Break on campus housing. In order to best assess individual needs, we ask that you send a 1/2 to 1 page description of your thesis project, including what specific resources you will need on campus. Please send this information to me as soon as possible atjanuary@fas.harvard.edu.

Please feel free to reach out for additional questions or clarification.

Sincerely,

Dean Inge-Lise Ameer

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.