Probable Cause Hearing Delayed for Aquino, Suspect in May Campus Killing

By Eric P. Newcomer, Crimson Staff Writer

A New York City resident charged with murdering a Cambridge man in a Harvard University dorm had his probable cause hearing, originally scheduled to take place yesterday, moved to Oct. 19.

Jason Aquino, who has been charged with murder, firearm use in a felony, accessory after the fact, and armed robbery, is accused of participating in the killing of Justin Cosby, a 21-year old Cambridge resident unaffiliated with the University, in Kirkland House earlier this year.

Authorities arrested Aquino this July in his Harlem apartment, and he was arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court the next day.

He pled not guilty in August to all four charges.

The probable cause hearing, which will be held in Cambridge District Court, will allow a judge to determine whether the prosecution has enough evidence to charge a crime outside of its jurisdiction, according to the Massachusetts Bar Association Web site.

Blayn “Bliz” Jiggetts, 19, and Jabrai J. Copney, 20, who both live in New York, have also been implicated in the murder, which allegedly took place inside the Kirkland Annex and drew national media attention.

They allegedly participated in what officials called a “drug rip” and were not Harvard students.

Four ounces of marijuana were found near the body of the shooting victim.

—Staff writer Eric P. Newcomer can be reached at newcomer@fas.harvard.edu