Harvard Directory Change

•

If you received an e-mail from FAS IT on Tuesday about a change in your Harvard directory e-mail listing from your @FAS to your @College address, this post will tell you why. If you didn't receive the e-mail, read no further.

"During a recent upgrade of the FAS e-mail account management system your official listing in the Harvard University directory was changed to use your @College address," the e-mail stated.

According to Noah S. Selsby '95, senior client technology advisor for FAS IT, the change was due to an "error in logic" of the new FAS e-mail account management system, which assumed any student with an @College account should have it officially listed in the directory.

As a result, those members of the the two classes who participated in the original @College pilot two years ago and decided not to keep the @college address as their primary address received this change.

"It is purely cosmetic and does not affect the functionality of either account," Selsby wrote in an e-mailed statement. "It simply changes which address is listed in the directory."

The e-mail on Tuesday was sent to notify the affected students in case they should want to change their official listing back to their @fas address. Any students wishing to do so should reply to the FAS e-mail by Oct. 15. Changes will be made to the directory listing on Oct. 19.

Photo courtesy by Platonides/Wikimedia Commons.

FAS IT

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.