Harvard Student Robbed Near Quad

By Kelsey C. Nowell, Contributing Writer

A male Harvard undergraduate was the victim of an unarmed robbery near the corner of Walker Street and Shepard Street on Sunday evening at 8:23 p.m., according to university and local police.

The victim was approached by a male who told the victim, “give me what you got,” according to an entry in the Cambridge police log. The suspect left the scene after the victim gave him $17.

The police log entry identified the victim as a “Cambridge resident,” and Harvard University Police Department spokesman Steve G. Catalano confirmed the victim was a Harvard undergraduate.

Sunday’s incident follows a recent string of robberies or attempted robberies near Harvard’s campus since Oct. 30. This is the second robbery located near the Quad since.

On Nov. 2, two black males robbed a non-Harvard affiliate of his laptop, cell phone, and wallet on Shepard Street near Walker Street, also next to the Quad, according to an entry in the police log.

On the morning of Nov. 3, officers arrested a suspect connected to series of armed robberies in the Harvard and MIT areas. The suspect was also thought to be involved in the Nov. 2 robbery.

The Cambridge Police Department is still searching for the second suspect, according to spokesman Daniel M. Riviello.

On Nov. 11, a man unaffiliated with Harvard was the victim of an armed robbery just outside of Thayer Hall in the Yard.

“We believe that the most recent incident on [Sunday]...is not related to any other incidents that have occurred in the city,” Riviello wrote in an e-mail to The Crimson.

“Cambridge Police are still actively investigating this incident and are sharing information with Harvard University Police as we always do in hopes of identifying and apprehending a suspect as we have in many of the other incidents that have occurred in the Harvard area recently,” Riviello wrote in the e-mail.

Crime