A Thankful Senior Class

•

This past Thanksgiving, our graduating seniors were given a little extra opportunity to give thanks. A blog post, rightly named “What 2011 is Thankful For," is urging the graduating class of Harvard to post comments on the things they are most grateful about during their time at Harvard.

Responses range from the seriously nostalgic memory to the blatantly whimsical anecdote. Since the publishing of the post, 56 comments have been entered, with students reminiscing about anything ranging from Stein Clubs and great TFs to their favorite student organizations and Burdick’s hot chocolate. One senior even focused her entire response on the Cabot dining hall, which she and her blockmates nicknamed “Mom."

Unsurprisingly, seniors overwhelmingly cite their roommates and blockmates as being among the most meaningful relationships at college and beyond. House communities—dining hall staff, security guards, tutors, and administrators—were also given high praises.

It is also heartwarming to see that after four years of finals and papers, the dream of constant learning is still well and alive for Harvard’s soon-to-be graduates. Cate E. Nelson '11 perhaps says it best in her response: “I’m grateful for identity crises...For not staying the same and for growing."

Student LifeSeniors

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.