Spring Break Trips You Can Apply For

•

Spring Break may seem far away, but application deadlines for trip opportunities through student groups are fast approaching. While some trips have already concluded their interview processes, others are still open to applicants. If you’re at all tempted by the idea of spending Spring Break in Morocco, Honduras, Beijing, El Salvador, or even somewhere exotic within the United States, see below for details, application deadlines, and a few exciting facts.

Harvard College Social Enterprise Association (HCSEA) Trip to Beijing

The HCSEA is hosting a trip to the Beijing Dandelion School for Migrant Worker Children. This opportunity will allow participants to become mentors for a week, teaching eighth grade migrant students who truly appreciate the help. At the same time, participants will have the chance to see many of the wonderful sites through Beijing. There is no Chinese language requirement for the trip.

Application Due Date: Sunday, Nov. 7

Harvard-College Students in Africa Initiative (HSAI) Trip to Morocco

This group is a cultural exchange program between college campuses in Africa and Harvard. For the week of Spring Break, those in the program will travel to Ifrane, Morocco, to experience the lives of students at University in Morocco. Students accepted to the program will also be expected to host students from Morocco during their Spring Break.

Application Due Date: Sunday, Nov. 14

Application Form: Click Here

Catholic Student Association (CSA) Trip to Honduras

The CSA is going to Honduras for a service trip. The mission has a medical clinic, a boarding school for girls, and a food program for the needy. There is no application for this trip, but the cost is a bit higher than others at $900 per person. As an added note, all participants must be vaccinated for Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, typhoid, and rabies.

Deposit Due Date: A mandatory non-refundable deposit of $100 is due by Nov. 10.

Website: Click Here

Phillips Brooks House Alternative Spring Break Trips

The deadlines for these trips are much later, due in early December. Last year, trips went to New Orleans, Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, and New York. This year's trip destinations have not yet been released, but one plus is that they only cost $100 per person. Check out their website from last year to get a better sense of the types of trips.

Habitat For Humanity Trips

Habitat For Humanity is hosting four trips during Spring Break. One of the trips is international, taking students to El Salvador. The other three destinations, which will be domestic, are taking place in Munta Gorda, Florida, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and Marion, South Carolina. Habitat For Humanity encourages applicants to apply to both international and domestic trips.

Application Due Date: Monday, Nov. 22 at 11:59pm

Application Forms:

For international application: Click Here

For domestic application: Click Here

Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

Student Groups

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.