Around the Ivies Plus

•
Around the Ivies
Around the Ivies

The quick and dirty about what's been going on around the Ancient Eight (and some other schools too).

A Yale sophomore died last Sunday. Andre Narcisse '12—an Exeter graduate and aspiring Economics concentrator of Haitian descent—dreamed of someday becoming a Wall Street executive. Yale police officials do not suspect foul play. Yale College Dean Mary Miller told the Yale Daily News that it would be premature and inappropriate to speculate, but added she is hoping to address concerns about alcohol and drug use on campus.

A freshman at Princeton is suing the university during midterm season, after her request to receive extended time on exams because of her learning disabilities was denied. She argued that poor midterm exam grades freshman fall would cause her “irreparable harm.” FlyBy sympathizes but thinks she should chill out.

More after the jump.

Yale's business school has surpassed Harvard Business School in placing their students in full-time jobs within three months of graduation. It now stands at number one among the country's business schools. Penn's Wharton School, however, has suffered more, with only 83 percent of graduates securing full-time jobs, as opposed to 95 percent for the graduating years from 2005 to 2008.

Stanford stem cell researchers are poised to receive $52 million from California's stem cell research agency.

A 32-year-old horticulture graduate student at Cornell died unexpectedly.

And two Yale dining hall workers also passed away suddenly.

Higher EducationYale

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.