Boloco Changes its Menu

Boloco changed its menu—but why? “We wanted to confuse everyone,” joked Boloco’s General Manager Sal Airo Farulla.

In reality, Boloco changed its menu this week in order to reflect customers’ e-mails, Facebook comments, and tweets. The changes include making the names of some of the burritos and shakes more exciting while adding a few new options (Yucatan Habanero, anyone?).

But no positive change comes without strings attached: Boloco has also increased its price—though only very slightly.  Rather than pay $6.19 for a large burrito, you now need to dole out $6.25. Large smoothies—which formerly cost $4.29—have increased by 21 cents to $4.50. But Airo Farulla says that now, the burritos will be larger and the shakes will have more fruit.

These changes come after Boloco extended its Friday and Saturday night hours to 2 a.m. earlier this year in order to attract the more, well, jovial crowds still out on their weekend adventures. After 11 p.m. on weekend nights, happy Boloco diners can also now purchase items from the breakfast menu.

Airo Farulla also noted that Boloco plans to host another free burrito day on Wednesday, Mar. 24, when he expects to give away between 1800 and 2000 burritos. This give-away day comes after Boloco’s previous “snowloco” free burrito day in early February.

The reaction to the menu changes has been mostly positive, according to Airo Farulla. But he said, “One guy looked at the menu board and said, ‘It’s like doing a math calculation to read the menu!’” Our recommendation: avoid the bean counting and just eat.

Food and DrinkHarvard Square

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.