The Most Important Meal Of The Day: FlyBy Does Brain Break (Part 2)

In this four-part series, FlyBy will dish out the details of each House’s Brain Break so that you know where to go when those evening munchies hit.

Round 2: Mather vs. Dunster vs. Leverett

Evaluation Day: Wednesday

Mather: A

Brain Break Begins: 8:30 p.m.

The concrete construct harbored what is undeniably a superb brain break. The standard bagels, bread, and accompanying spreads were abundant. The drink machines were on and a full complement of cereal and coffee was available. That night’s special, an assortment of vegetables, was available as well.

It was hard to find anything wrong with this brain break, as fresh vegetables are a rare find after dinner ends, and all the items were still available at 8:54 p.m.—well done Mather!

Dunster: A

Brain Break Begins: 8:35 p.m.

Mather’s nearby rival did not fail to rise to the challenge—Dunster’s brain break was equally on point, and even one-upped Mather with the addition of cream pie and chocolate cake. We won’t count the lack of cream pie against Mather, but the cream pie did prove to be the tie-breaker between Dunster and Mather.

The Moose emerged the victor tonight precisely because of its dessert options. At 9:00 p.m. all the food was still available.

Leverett: A-

Brain Break Begins: 9:00 p.m.

Leverett had a strong spread of sundries, but did not offer the healthy vegetables that the other neighborhood brain breaks had offered. In lieu of the veggies was an array of sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and rocky road brownies. There were also a few waffles, but those were devoured quickly by the hungry hares. There was a healthy supply of coffee available, but the variety of coffee left something to be desired for caffeine connoisseurs. All in all, Lev was good, but not good enough to be king of its hood.

Winner of Round 2: Dunster

Previous Results

Round 1: Quincy vs. Lowell vs. Adams

House LifeMatherDunsterLeverettHUDS

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.