The Weekend Roundup

All dressed up with no place to go?  With our Weekend Roundup series, you'll always have plans for your two favorite nights of the week.

PARTIES

Mather Lather VIII

What: It's that time of year again! Since its first run in 2003, the college-wide foam party has grown to capture the attention of even the New York Times. After you have your fun with your fellow swimsuit-donned party-goers, make sure to take a shower. You'll thank us later. Tickets are $10 or $8 for Mather residents, and you can get them from The Harvard Box Office, in front of the Science Center (10 a.m. - 12 p.m.), in the Mather d-hall during dinner Tuesday-Friday, or from Mather HoCo members.

When: 10 p.m. - 2 a.m. Saturday, Apr. 17

Where: Mather House dining hall

Noise

What: Looking to dance it out this weekend? All genders and sexualities are welcome. Speakers have been reserved from the Science Center, so it will be loud!

When: 10 p.m. - 2 a.m. Friday, Apr. 16

Where: Adams House A-17

SHOWS

An Evening with Champions

What: An Evening with Champions was founded in 1970 by former U.S. champion John Misha Petkevich. Since then it has been run entirely by Harvard University students, raising more than $2.4 million for the Jimmy Fund, which supports adult and pediatric cancer research and care at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Paul Wylie, the 1992 Olympic silver medalist and class of 1990 Harvard graduate, will host the show, which will feature National Silver Medalist and Olympian Emily Hughes and 1984 Olympic champion Scott Hamilton, among others.

When: 8 p.m. Friday, Apr. 16 and 7 p.m. Saturday, Apr. 17

Where: Bright Hockey Center, 79 North Harvard Street, Allston

Harvard Ballet Company Presents: Silhouettes

What: The Harvard Ballet Company brings you a performance that juxtaposes classical lines and contemporary movement. This performance features innovative choreography from guest artists, in addition to works by student choreographers. Tickets are on sale at the Harvard Box Office; $8 for students, $12 for adults, $8 for seniors.

When: 8 p.m. Friday, Apr. 16, 3 p.m. & 8 p.m. Saturday, Apr. 17

Where: Harvard Dance Center, 60 Garden Street

Strauss, Ligeti, & Sibelius

What: The Harvard-Radcliffe Orchestra presents a program including the works of Strauss, Ligeti, and Sibelius. Tickets for the performance are available at the Harvard Box Office.

When: 8 p.m. Friday, Apr. 16

Where: Sanders Theatre

HRG&SP Presents: Pirates of Penzance!

What: The Harvard-Radcliffe Gilbert and Sullivan Players present the long-awaited production of the riotous, rollicking Pirates of Penzance, which follows a young pirate apprentice Frederic who has long dreamt of the day that he'll be free from his duty to his master, the Pirate King, so he can find a beautiful maiden and spend his day ridding the world of piracy. But will this happen for our pirate protagonist? Hilarity ensues in this comical battle of wits.

When: Show times and ticket details can be found here.

Where: Agassiz Theatre in Radcliffe Yard

SEA Night 2010: SEA Our World

What: SEA Night is hosted annually by the Harvard College Southeast Asian Coalition. It's a night of Southeast Asian dance, food, and music, with a guest appearance by the Brandeis Southeast Asian Club. In addition, enjoy eight courses of delicious Southeast Asian food and deserts. Om Nom Nom. Tickets are on sale for $5 at the Harvard Box Office.

When: 8:30 - 10 p.m. Friday, Apr. 16

Where: Lowell House dining hall

Mainly Jazz Hits the Road

What: The Mainly Jazz Dance Company presents their annual Spring Show featuring choreography by company members and instructors. Tickets are $8 or $5 for students and Harvard affiliates.

When: 2 p.m. & 8 p.m. Saturday, Apr. 17

Where: Adams House Pool Theatre

Nightmarket 2010

What: Experience the hustle and bustle of a traditional night market in Taiwan without leaving the comfort of Harvard Yard. Come for the fun games and spectacular shows, but stay for the delicious food: scallion pancakes, potstickers, and bubble tea (!!!!) among other options.

When: 8-10 p.m. Saturday, Apr. 17

Where: Leverett House dining hall

Tapped Out

What: TAPS is one of Harvard's newest student-run dance companies. The group features all student-choreographed pieces in a variety of styles, including Rhythm tap, Broadway, and Irish. TAPS' performances are varied in order to spread appreciation for tap dancing to a wide audience. Tickets are $10 or $5 for students, Harvard affiliates, and seniors.

When: 7 p.m. Saturday, Apr. 17

Where: Lowell Lecture Hall

The Kuumba Singers' 40th Annual Archie C. Epps Spring Concert

What: Come witness the jubilee of the Kumbaa Singers' 40th Anniversary Concert held in Sanders Theatre. Tickets are $12 or $8 for students.

When: 8 p.m. Saturday, Apr. 17

Where: Sanders Theatre

Lu'au 2010

What: The Harvard Hawaii Club welcomes you to share the Aloha Spirit with them, along with homemade Hawaiian treats and hula dance performances. Have your doubts about coming? After this shindig, you'll be able to understand all the inside jokes from "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." A-ha! The event is free, but a small donation is suggested.

When: 8 - 10 p.m. Saturday, Apr. 17

Where: Quincy House dining hall

Identities 2010

What: This year's show turns an eye toward the future. Engaging with concepts of wealth, comfort, technology, sexuality, and androgyny, the show will offer diverse interpretations of what life will be like as we progress through the 21st century. Come see your friends and guest of honor Vera Wang in a celebration of fashion, diversity, creativity, and charity! Tickets $15/$18/$25 for Students/General/VIP (includes priority seating and gift bag) from models/board members and the Harvard Box Office. Attire is creative black tie.

When: 10 p.m. Saturday, Apr. 17

Where: Annenberg Hall

On CampusMusicVisual Arts

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.