Board Plus Burn: Rock Cafe

•

Never been to Lamont? (There’s a café there?) Not really sure where the Greenhouse is located? Still have $130 left on your Board Plus before it expires on May 22? No worries, we’ve got your back (even though you just might live in a hole) on just how to spend your newfound wad of cash in this burning Board Plus series.

Board Plus Redemption Center: Rock Café in Rockefeller Hall, Harvard Divinity School.

Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.; Student café (not reviewed below) opens Monday - Thursday, 2:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Ambiance: This is where the Rock Café shines. With large windows, tasteful art, and a roomy interior with booths and sofa chairs, you may very well feel like you’ve walked into a classy cafe. Only the H1N1 table tents and the plethora of Purell dispensers give away that it’s a Harvard University Dining Services (HUDS) operated venue.

Whether you came with a friend or by yourself to study (or with a Board Plus date!), the Rock Café offers a versatile environment for both conversation and serious work.  Power plugs are located at the booths and along the walls.

Food: Rock Café offers a standard selection of HUDS foods, including a grill, soups, wraps/sandwiches (pre-made and to-order), sushi, and boxed salads. Beverages include refrigerated juices, milk, Peet’s Coffee, etc. The variety isn’t too extensive, but definitely manageable.

The Final Word: The Rock Café may be a good walk from your dorm, past Northwest Labs and Vanserg. But if you’re willing to make the commute, you will get one of the nicest HUDS cafes we’ve seen in terms of ambiance with a completely workable array of food options.

Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

Food and Drink

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.